Saturday 8 January 2011

I'm Engaged!

What on earth was I thinking ..? ;-)

One minute I was a free and single guy with no mortgage - I turn around and my girlfriend moved in, we're looking to buy a house, and to cap it all off, I've gone and popped the question!

Ok, I was 'doomed' from the start. The coins told me to do it.

I'll explain.

On New Year's eve Gina, my partner and I went to a friend's house for a few nibbles, and a drink or two. The hostess, a friend and colleague to Gina, in her cunning, plotting kind of way, secreted some fortune coins in her pastries (a tradition from her homeland), which included Wealth, Health, Parties, Children and other delights. Upon finding these coins the person who's teeth have been cracked as a consequence of trying to bite on the coin, will receive luck according what's on the coin.

I picked the rings. D'oh!

I swear it was all planned.

The really worrying thing is, Gina chose the coin with a baby on the front.

Time to have a heart to heart with my bank manager me thinks...


BTW, Gina said yes :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment