Wednesday 5 January 2011

Looks like we've found our new house.

After about three years of procrastination and wishful thinking, my partner finally pushed me into looking into houses this Autumn/Winter, and although the market isn't overly busy, it looks as if there are a few possibilities out there.

Now, after watching Grand Designs and Location, Location, Location and the like, of course there are goals and there are realistic goals. Sure, I wanted a four/five bedroomed country house with about 1/2 acre of land, outbuilding(s), garage, and good communication links to where we work and shop.

Although my partner was more eager to keep close to the city, I was talking her over to a more rural location (as long as it wasn't a million mile from anywhere). However, the more we looked, the more we realised there was little choice out there, certainly nothing this side of £1/2 million - which was above my current budget.

However, after looking and looking, I finally gave in on the country house prospect (for this move anyway) and searched more locally in and around Norwich, where we live.

After looking around several other houses, including some new builds, we both fell in love with the house I'm now planning to put an offer in for.

A house that's barely a mile up the road, even in the same estate we're in now - so much for reaching goals...

No comments:

Post a Comment